Leading up to the 2016 presidential election, Decision published a chart comparing the policy positions of the two major parties’ candidates—Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Since then, the progressive left has become even more brazen about its intentions to drive conservative Christians and others with shared values to the farthest margins of society.
If so-called progressives had captured the White House in 2016, the nation would likely be left with:
• A leftist, activist Supreme Court majority for a generation—instead of constitutionalist judges like Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh—and dozens more liberal activist judges filling the federal bench for years to come. Policies that fail at the legislative level would be enforced by judicial fiat. Legal questions on abortion and euthanasia would find favor on the bench, as would the demands of the new sexual orthodoxy.
• A concerted effort to change “deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases,” with the leading edge of the effort being the passage of the Equality Act. Consequently, churches, faith-based institutions and individual Christians would be in the crosshairs as a new list of federal civil rights wreaks havoc on religious liberty in manifold ways.
• Increased funding for abortion giant Planned Parenthood and newly allowed funding for abortion at overseas U.S. facilities, such as military bases. Also, there would be greater cooperation in funding and promoting abortion in developing nations through the United Nations and international abortion advocates.
• Efforts by judges and bureaucrats to eradicate conscience protections for medical workers, including doctors, nurses and technicians, when access to abortion services is in question.
• Decreased military spending, at a time when China, Iran, Russia and global jihadists increasingly threaten stability and peace.
• LGBTQ rights as a fundamental human right in the nation’s international affairs, per the Democratic Party platform, with international development funds tied to foreign nations’ adherence to the LGBTQ agenda.
• Increased pressure from the left on a Democratic president to delegitimize Israel’s right to defend herself; and no U.S. embassy in Jerusalem.
Photo: Zuma Press/Newscom